02 May LED Lighting Facts Resumes Acceptance of LED Lighting Products Under the Direction of D+R International
SILVER SPRING, Md., May 2, 2018—D+R International is pleased to announce that effective May 2, 2018, LED Lighting Facts resumed acceptance of LED lighting products under the direction of D+R International, the implementer of the program since its inception. The simple “truth-in-advertising” labeling program provides consumers with the assurance that the performance of their LED lighting products has been independently verified and that they have an easy in-store and online tool to compare LED lighting products and manufacturers.
What Does This Mean?
- Continued free access to the website and searchable product database.
- Continued commitment to “Just the Facts” about LED lighting products, independently verified, with no pre-set performance requirements, allowing you to filter your own searches.
- Welcoming back LED lamps—for all new product listing and labels, as well as searchable on the product database.
- All products listed and labeled, as well as the listing as an Approved Lab, will continue to be free during May. In June, we will introduce a flexible and affordable product listing maintenance subscription service that includes options for monthly or annual payment plans, as well as a nominal annual fee for accredited testing lab facilities to participate on the Approved Lab list.
- Continued commitment to maintaining ease-of-use, high level of accuracy, and listening to your needs.
Learn more at: http://www.lightingfacts.com/About/Content/WhatsChanging
This is just the beginning. New features and options that add value for everyone who interacts with the program will build on the foundation of the current program:
- Expedited product listing
- Special QR code on the product label that ties the label directly to verified website listing
- Manufacturer/testing lab profiles
- Product ad banners
For more information, visit the LED Lighting Facts website at: http://www.lightingfacts.com/
About D+R International
D+R International built LED Lighting Facts for the Department of Energy to establish confidence that LED lighting would perform as advertised. Throughout the program’s tenure, D+R was the single implementer and developer. Now, as a company with over 30 years of experience in introducing and supporting programs and marketing initiatives that advance resource-efficient technologies, we look forward to continuing to move this popular program forward.