HVAC System Testing for Energy Efficiency (Part 2 of 3)
Number of Credits (if applicable): NATE 2.0, BOC 2.0
Course Description: This class presents the relevant issues and available methods for field testing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, and explores and explains the use of specific testing and data acquisition instruments.
There are several goals of testing air conditioning systems:
- To test air conditioning systems for efficiency
- To test air conditioning systems for excessive wear
- To determine if there are economically viable ways to implement Integrated Demand Side Management (IDSM)
- Explore the key factors that affect system efficiency
- Describe HVAC testing tools and how to use them
- Examine data collection strategies and review sample calculations
The topics selected not only deal with “how things work,” but emphasize what strategies might be implemented that can improve the accuracy of gathering data and that will lead to improved system energy efficiency.
To register, please click the ‘read more’ button on the right.