Number of Credits (if applicable): NATE: 4.0 Course Length: 4 hrs (2, 2hr sessions)
Course Description: In this class students will learn about the components, operation, and science behind compressed air systems, taking a closer look at commercial applications and their advantages/disadvantages. Additionally, students will explore essential preventative maintenance practices, strategies for system control, and energy efficiency opportunities. Finally, students will explore real world examples, case studies, and incentives/rebates available to owners interested in investing in energy efficient technology.
Audience: Plant and production managers, engineers, and maintenance professionals.
- Identify the essential components, operation, and science of compressed air systems
- Explore applications of compressed air systems
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using compressed air systems
- Examine preventative maintenance measures and their impact of equipment function, efficiency, and life span
- Describe the breadth and evolution of control strategies