Number of Credits (if applicable): BPI: 2.0 Course Length: 2 hrs
Course Description: Healthcare settings have unique design challenges but offer significant energy savings opportunities. This session introduces the application of heat pump water heater technology in hospital and clinical settings. It will explore current commercial heat pump technology, essential design considerations, and effective commercial system configurations. This class also explores common design pitfalls and important safety considerations unique to large hospital and small healthcare settings by introducing best implementation practices.
Audience: Engineers, architects, designers, building facility managers, and maintenance personnel.
- Identify the savings potential of heat pump water heater systems for domestic hot water
- Explore commercial heat pump technology, configuration, and current products
- Introduce the fundamentals of heat pump water heaters and commercial system design
- Examine design considerations and installation obstacles unique to healthcare settings
- Evaluate successful examples and implementation strategies